View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 02:24 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identifying fly patterns

Thanks,

I've learned more since I wrote the FAQs.

Specifically, when you read the water, you should also read the food. Different forms of mayflies, caddis and stoneflies live in specific water types. For example, stone flies like fast water as do the clinging mayfly nymphs. So even if you don't seine the water, you have an idea what kinds of foods are in that type of structure.

If you type "nymphing" into google, my FAQ still is in the top 5. I guess there are still enough folks reading it.

There is another article that I wrote for the Wisconsin TU newspaper that may also help. See pg 23 in the issue below:

http://www.wisconsintu.org/LinkClick...bid=58&mid=381

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy