View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fishing with your significant other

I had recently heard a saying that went like this..."If you've seen the person naked that your considering teaching to cast or fly fish.....DON'T DO IT!"

With that said, my wife (Mrs fysh) grew up fishing with her Dad, Mom and brothers, it was a family thing to go camping and fishing on the weekends. Her Dad fly fishes a bit, but she mainly stuck to worms & eggs when fishing for trout, or liver for catfish.

One of the factors in us meeting and eventually dating was that I was a fly fisherman, she wanted to try it and besides that she thought her dad and I would get along well. We do!

It wasn't easy, there have been times of contention (and occasionally there still is if I overcritique), but overall things have gone well and she has progressed nicely. She's my BFF and a great fishing partner.
I just wish she would quit catching more and bigger fish than I do, no, scratch that, I actually like her doing that, maybe, just maybe let me catch em occasionally.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 01-24-2012 at 06:31 PM.