View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: fishing with your significant other

my wife and i fish together all the time. she was a spin fisher and one day she asked to try and cast my fly rod while fishing at a lake. Of course it didn't go over well and she said that fly fishing wasn't for her.
The following spring I decided that I would teach her how to cast and after an afternoon of practicing in the back yard I could see that she was a natural. Having learned how to cast she got the bug and fly fishing became her new hobby. Waders, boots, vest, rods, reels etc. where purchased and the addiction began.
Now she accompanies me on almost every fishing trip . Sure is nice to having a fishing partner who can double as a baby sitter. We don't always fish right next to each other but at the end of the day we share our stories of the catch of the day, who caught more and who caught the biggest.
During the winter months when fishing is slow we compare fly boxes and discuss our trips and hopes for future fishing trips together. Never doubt that your wife can be a great fishing partner. Plus if you can get her into it she let you get more gear because she'll want more too.
Click the image to open in full size.

casey

ARFE