View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 PM

maccadon3000 will become famous soon enoughmaccadon3000 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: fishing with your significant other

I taught my wife to cast and it was perfectly fine. Plus you get to kind of get flirty with her while standing behind her while you let her get the feeling of the rod loading.(man, that could be taken in such an R rated manner ). Anyways, it only takes about 15 minutes to teach someone to cast a fly rod. Tell them to cast diagonally 10 ft in front of them, teach them to mend, watch the fly or indicator for a strike, repeat, walk two steps upstream and do it all over again and ANYONE with the most basic amount of coordination can fly fish. It takes an hour to learn how to be a decent fly fisherman, but a lifetime of practice to be great. That's why I love our sport.

Anyways, while my wife is a good fly fisherwoman, she likes to do other things more, so usually only does it for an hour or so while on a trip. She doesn't like bugs, which puts her behind the 8 ball in becoming an accomplished fly fisherwoman. She is too good to me though, because, even though she isn't crazy about it like I am, all of our family vacations end up in "fishy" locations. Wonderful woman and God broke the mold after her. Anyways, my son is 2 and he will end up my fishing companion. I'm patient.