View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Does Anyone Own an Orvis Odyssey IV Reel?

I'll get around to photographing the two reels and will then post the shots on Reel Love. The fundamental difference is the lug on the back of the spool that fits into the rulon gear. When I made the statement that they were very different I was misled because they only look different. In essence they work on the same draw bar and cork disc principle.

Whatever was causing the drag to skip (that's the best description I can give for what was wrong) went way beyond anything that I could figure out by visual inspection and or careful tinkering. The reel now works as it did when new, so.........all is well and the romance continues.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;