View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: How's your boat set up for fly fishing?

Hi Boz,

We have an 18.5 tunnel hull that serves as transport to and from the cabin and as a fishing boat. I don't enjoy fishing from a boat but on occasion I do it. With this boat there is a nice enclosed bow deck / storage area that, if you must, can be used for a place to stand while casting. Generally I will stand and cast from wherever I need to be but the bow is best. All you need remember is to take rods out of the vertical rack on the side of the console and lay them in the gunnel trays so you don't whack them.

Click the image to open in full size.

The rubber mats keep things quiet. I do most fishing from shore and use the boat a transportation rather than a fishing platform. However, that's the nature of the fishing here, if I were limited to still waters then I would have to change a lot of strategies if I planned to continue fly fishing.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;