View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 03:00 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: 3WT Rods need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbz_2006 View Post
So ive been searching the web for three weights so far two stick out to me. First is the greys streamflex xf2 or whatever it is haha and it would be 10 feet. Or i just found a sage z-axis 9' three weight foe 440. The greys is 309 just wondering if the sage is 131 dollars more of a rod the greys.

Thanks nick!

I just bought a new 3 wt. An Allen Xa, I havent fished it yet, so i cant comment personally on the rod action etc. However. There have been a few excellent reviews of other Xa models on this forum. You might consider a less expensive rod and save yourself a few bucks to invest in a reel line etc.

I also have no experience on the other rods.

Depending on the type of fishing you're going to be doing, you might also consider a shorter 3wt. If you're small creek fishing, 7'6 or even 8' might be much better suited.

Addicted To Vise