View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Did You Start

Only fishing show back then was Gaddabout Gaddis the Flying Fisherman. After seeing a show with fly fishing in it i was hooked . Told my dad the only thing I wanted for Christmas was a fly rod. So on my 8th birthday I got a Wonder Rod and Medalist reel. From that day until the first wArm days of spring found me at the baseball field teaching myself how to cast.
Then the first family trip to the beach caught my first snapper Bluefiish on a beatup bucktail that I had removed from a tin (spoon) used for surfcasting.
Later that summer on a family vacation to Lake Wentworth N.H. caught my first Bluegill, White Perch and Smallmouth on a made in Japan Royal Coachman.
Hooked for life.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser