View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 PM

JoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud of
Default Re: How Did You Start

I had always been interested in fishing, but never pursued it til I was out of the service at age 26. I caught my first trout on my future BIL's gummy old spin cast outfit with hoppers for bait. 5 yrs later I was getting the hang of spin fishing and I was intrigued by the notion fishing without carrying a tackle box and bait. Then one day I was fishing a local reservoir with worms on the bottom and my wife and I were swarmed by a blizzard hatch. I watched every trout in the res all over the top and around my line eating bugs off the surface. I knew I had to learn how to fish at every depth in the water column. Soon I bought one of those horrible Shakespeare composite fly rod outfits and began to learn the sport. 'Course, I've never seen another hatch like that one since!

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey