Thread: New To Alaksa
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New To Alaksa

This sounds very interesting but the area is out of my sphere of familiarity. If you will be on or near rivers where there are hatcheries there will no doubt be large returns of salmon, expertise will not be crucial because after a few weeks you will have caught so many fish you will have it figured out.

As for having your trout fishing background to draw from; I can honestly say that had I not had a thorough understanding of streamer fishing for trout, my transition to salmon fishing would have been very difficult. If you want to stay in touch drop a PM to my mail box and we can continue the discussion about gear and etc. We could also get on Skype to speak about fishing here if you want.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;