View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 12:45 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ted Williams and the Atlantic Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Great video, our gear may have changed but the passion is the same. One question, he seems to be casting downstream not upstream and working a drift. Is it just his preference?
90% of the salmon fishing here is done that way; fishing wet flies down and across. In lower water or for finding fish a bomber or other dry fly will be used casting upstream and dead drifted. The down and accross method is easier if you're fishing all day; the current swings the fly for you and even sets the hook if your mind is wandering when mr. salmon finally grabs

Rip Tide, that's interesting to know of Mr. Williams surly side and a great story to illustrate it