Changed Bobbin Type and Solved My Problem!
As many of you know, I'm just learning how to tie. I've been having difficulty with my "heavy hands", getting the bobbin tension exactly right, and applying too much torque on the thread, causing far too many thread breaks.
At the Somerset Show, I had the opportunity to watch some of the "Masters" tie, and actually got to ask a few questions. More than one suggested that my bobbin may be more of a problem than I had thought. I stopped at the Rite Bobbin booth, and tried out one of their ajustable torque bobbins. I liked it, so I figured I'd purchase one and try it out.
Tied for a better part of the day today (while watching the 24-Hour Rolex Race), and did not break a SINGLE thread, all day!!! Got all of my "homework" done for my next tying class, so now I can start to self-learn another fly or two.
I find it hard to believe that the difference could be this great, but the proof is in the flies (and the missing frustration!).
"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky