Thread: Nymph rig
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nymph rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
There's many more than 2
Back in the day we used dropper loops
but I'm more likely now to tie a loop2loop connection with a long tag "Y" dropper.
Joni has a good illustration of this but is probably away for a while
I've never liked the droppers tied to the hook. Any fish trying to take the point fly has to push the tippet out of the way to do it.
Not good.

I agree. If the fly you are tying to is small with a small hooking gap, tie eye to eye or use droppers.

"Any fish trying to take the point fly has to push the tippet out of the way to do it" ...... Or the leader pushes the fly away from the fish's mouth and you miss the take. With a small hooking gap, a slight deviation of the fly can cause the hook point to miss.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy