View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fishing with your significant other

Hmmmm......Forum regulars already know my situation. It's my wife that says, "Let's go fishing" on weekend mornings. Her idea of a romantic getaway is a fly fishing trip, and that includes our wedding anniversary.
Click the image to open in full size.

Mojo hit the nail on the head regarding twice the costs! I know Joni ties knots, but my wife doesn't assemble rods, tie knots, etc. Setting and taking down two of everything becomes tiresome, but it beats most any other chore I can think of. Besides, Yvonne loves to buy gear, and wanted a new reel for Christmas.

P.S.
Here's a picture of Yvonne at the Delaware Water Gap for our anniversary in 2010.
Click the image to open in full size.
The hike was insane: park the Jeep on the side of a highway, walk along railroad tracks forever, and then down a very steep hill. The steep hill wasn't a problem going down, but I knew immediately coming back up wouldn't be easy. After all of that effort, I caught nothing, and Yvonne caught a bluegill....

Last edited by FrankB2; 01-31-2012 at 11:20 AM.