View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Steelhead on the Fly on the Salmon River, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGal View Post
Larry, I still can't believe what an incredibly lucky trip it was for my first time to the SR.....Most get skunked...

Joni, all fish were from the Salmon River, The browns average 8lb up to 20. Not many in the section of river where I was, but down stream was quite a few.
Good for you, I've been skunked there by both the weather and the fish. As far as the number of fish you had to work with things couldn't get too much better. A bit of the old "right place at the right time". The weather seems not to be such an issue when the reels are whining.

I enjoyed your story and the photos brought back memories. My old Mid Atlantic fishing buddy and I used to fish that river from Altmar to the estuary for many years. I can tell you that you and your group hit it right, congratulations!