View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:44 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: NRX and GLX weights

I don't know the weights but, if I remeber correctly, George Anderson weighed them in his "5-Weight Shootout". Go to the Yellowstone Angler on-line to review his comparrisons on these rods.

NRX are not the lightest rods out there I can assure you but they are quick and powerful with substantial lower taper reserves. I love my #8 but the 5 might be overkill for all but big river anglers. I cast the #4 NRX at the recent Somerset Show and fell in love with it; super high line speed and the narrowest smoothest loops imaginable...I would fish it, with a 4 weight line, in many habitats where oridinarily I would select a 5 weight rod.