View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:46 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Requirements: Used, Good, Available, Cheap. Any advice?

Hi Chris,

I’d be more inclined to suggest a few rod models if I had an idea which length, weight and action types you prefer and the applications you intend on using them for. While the past ten to twenty years has seen many fantastic rod series, not every rod in those series was a winner. There are always standouts in any rod series, so a little more background on what you're looking for, might help prime the pump.

I completely understand your interest in older series, I still keep my eye out for a few specific models myself. Yet I also know that technology trickles down and for what one of the better rods of the 90's or 00's in good to excellent condition will bring today, you can purchase some current models at or below those prices and of course the new rods would carry the consumer benefits of being the original owner. This is not to say that all of the current rods in the price range that I'm thinking of are on par with the " Best Of ", but some are every bit as good, in some cases better than their top shelf predecessors of ten or twenty years ago.
Ferreting out those, matching your preferences to parking lot performance will of course take some time.

TT