View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 06:59 AM

cthomas2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Requirements: Used, Good, Available, Cheap. Any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
The guys have it nailed, if you want I'll send you a message telling you what I keep on my watch list all the time.
I'd really appreciate that. Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
Hi Chris,

Id be more inclined to suggest a few rod models if I had an idea which length, weight and action types you prefer and the applications you intend on using them for. While the past ten to twenty years has seen many fantastic rod series, not every rod in those series was a winner. There are always standouts in any rod series, so a little more background on what you're looking for, might help prime the pump.TT
The last year or so I have been into warm water fishing. I have easy access to ponds and small lakes here in the Raleigh NC area. We also have some warm water rivers here that I am planning to get acquainted with in the next month or so. 5-7 weight mostly. I also want to get into some inshore salt water and fish for Albies, Red's and mabee some small Tarpon. As a result I will also look for some 8-10 weight salt stuff.