View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Your First Fly You Tied

Hi to all,

My first year in Alaska my wife and I took a fly tying class from the Anchorage Parks and Recreation. So there were practice (make believe) flies that were tied to learn techniques. My first real fly for fishing was a size 14 gray Woolly Worm with a red butt and a herl back. The hackle was Palmered Grizzly. I tied it for Grayling. I fished with the first one I tied on a sink tip line. On the first cast I caught a fish from a nice hole. So if one is good two is better, right. On my second cast I hung up and lost the fly. So much for saving your first fly. That gray Woolly Worm became one of my most successful flies for Grayling.

Frank