View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 08:09 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sage Rod Chart Old to New

This is a great thread. I'm personally very interested in Sage rod history and have started collecting older Sage models. This is the first list that is as comprehensive as this.

Just a couple of observations, the XP and the SLT did "drop back" to GIII technology but the graphite is GIIIe. I'm assuming the "e" has some significance for point of discussion, especially since it replaced the GIV and the only line of rods that incorporated Durascrim. I personally don't know what it means.

The LL rods were also rolled with GIII blanks but I don't know when they switched from GII to GIII.

The VPS and the VPS Light were added to the discussion. My understanding of the VPS Light is that it was built with the same taper and design as the GIII LL rods, with lesser components. So yes, it is a "lower end" rod, so to speak, the description of the action would be moderate. I'm not sure on the straight VPS.

There is much I don't know. Your list helps!

Cheers,
Mike.