View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World record distance WF 5wt?

I think those distances may be a tad high. I don't think I have ever heard of a 160' from anyone. 140's are a freakishly long cast. Who's doing 160' and with what?

On a related side note, My Canadian fishing buddy is up to casting the whole 130' Bario fly line out and he's still using the Cabela's Three Forks rod doing it. That by the way is in the mid 120' zone with squiggles accounted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegboy1 View Post
He then mentioned that he can cast a regular weight forward 5wt floating line 180'. allthough I kept a straight face I wanted to bust out laughing right at him.
You're nicer than I am. I would have laughed and then tried to bet him cash on it.

Last edited by Guest1; 02-04-2012 at 09:11 PM.