View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: World record distance WF 5wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
OK. I'm confused..... I fish for enjoyment and relaxation..... I didn't know that fishing, was a "contest". For me, if I'm looking fpr something "competitive", between NHL, NCIC hockey, and NA$CAR, I've got 12 months covered! Others can do as they prefer, but I'll fish to unwind, and not to compete....
I think you're confusing fishing with casting. Casting well competitively is pure, unadultererated skill. Unless you're a friend of Diver Dan's, most mere mortals can't begin to get the distances he gets without a heck of a good framework and many moons of practice, practice, practice. This also holds true, if not more so for the accuracy component of most casting compeititions. Both accuracy and distance skills play well with your becoming a better overall fly fisherman.
I don't know of any good caster who is not also a fine fly fisher. I do know good fly fisherman who would be way better if they only knew how to cast and cover all casting situations.