View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World record distance WF 5wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
Dan,
If that was intended towards my post, then you didn't read this part of my post,
Nope, it wasn't. But nice of you to think so. The question was about how far a cast you can do with a WF5F. My comment was about;

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
And ordinary WF-line is 85-90 feet or some 27 meters long. Only the minority of fly anglers can cast out a whole line.
Casts longer than 160 feet or 50 meters are for the super elite in casting, and nothing that anybody will obtain under normal fishing conditions.
Casts longer than 190 feet or 60 meters are very rare. Even with specially tuned casting gear.
If you can show me where anyone anyplace at anytime ever hit past 160' with a WF5F line I'll eat my hat.

Let me give you an analogy. Person A tells person B while setting on his shiny new Schwinn, "I can get my bike up to 40 mph." Person B replies, "That's nothing. I got my bike up to 90 mph.", but fails to mention his is a dang Harley. Those 160 - 190 things are not with a real fly line and a real fly rod. They are a nonfishing rod with a seriously heavy shooting head and a thin mono running line. If you can tell me how that in any way has anything to do with how far the record cast is with a real WF5F line is, because I missed it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
If the young rep could really throw 180', then you would have known his name.
Me, I'll call bull$hit.
Plus one ditto.