View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:10 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: World record distance WF 5wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
Good points, Brother, but is covering "all casting situations" strictly distance casting?
Maybe in a select few comps but for the most part the distance component scored less than the accuracy casts. This seems to be in a state of flux as of late so I might be wrong on this by todays standards but not too long ago the comps scored both accuracy and distance.
The accuracy was to a fly plate (more or less) at different distances and sometimes under or around obstructions to hit the plate and score. The targets I saw were three concentric rings of different sizes with the smallest ring (pie plate) scorring the most points.
With "NHL, NCIC (though I have no idea what that stands for) hockey, and NA$CAR", unless you are outstanding in those sports you generally get to sit on a couch and watch them. With casting comps all you have to do is show up to be a competitor.