View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:03 AM

monello will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Southern Mayland Salt Newbie

I fished that area for years. Plenty of good fresh water opportunities if you look. St. Mary's lake and Wheatley lake are the 2 major lakes for bass. If you have access to NAS Pax River there are ponds there. The base also has access to good saltwater fishing. Goose creek inlet is where I have caught stripers on the fly from shore.

Check out this website: I will PM it to you

It is a member's only site but if you IM the moderator and tell him a member referred you he should give you access. Why is this site important to you? Well there are a lot of diehards on there. I have fished with at least 12 members and many are looking for someone to occupy the back seat of the boat. All that they ask in return is that you post your fishing outings often and include as much info as possible without revealing your honey holes.

If you fish trout there is the pond at Calvert cliffs and the park pond in Hughesville. Myrtle grove also has trout along with cats, bass, crappie and pickerel. If you yellow perch fish then head over to Allen's Fresh. The neds run early in the spring.

If you are looking for a drive then head up to Fletcher's Boat House in Georgetown. They rent rowboats. You can catch shad in the river along with rockfish, walleye, bass, cats & panfish.

If you can get a boat in the Patuxent river, head to the feeder creeks in the fall. You can catch a bunch of white perch. I use beetle spins to fool them but flies may work as well.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 02-05-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Removed forum link