View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Record Moose Kill in South Central AK.

Hi Milt,

Who knows................ Me, I grew up in the mountains of Northern Pennsylvania and we had White tail Deer; couple million of em I believe and they were a constant threat especially for a guy on a motorcycle. Even when I was driving a car or truck I still never wanted to get tangled up with a deer so I kept an eye peeled. Here, these things will do more than damage your car. If you hit it just right you too will end up dead and this happens occasionally. It's almost as if everyone is involved in some personal race through life and when they sit behind the steering wheel of the car or truck they take it to the limit as if there were no such thing as moose.

I am not suggesting that there are not circumstances when it is inevitable that a vehicle will collide with a hapless moose but many of these instance are perhaps avoidable. Just last July at about 3:30 AM with the river boat in tow we were on the way to a river. It was sorta light out but I was driving at about 45 mph because there was not good visibility on the edges of the road we were on. A very large bull came crashing through the bush and was on a collision course with our truck. Because I saw him coming and was not going like a bat outta heck both the moose and us went on about our day unscathed. I've had 5 close calls but was able to contain the situation without endangering anyone or anything. Speed is the factor here I believe, speed and awareness.

Just say'en

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;