View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My winter spey rod project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress on the rod. I'm sure it'll turn out to be beautiful. If you don't mind me asking, what does it cost to build a spey rod with premium components compared to just buying the finished rod straight from the manufacturer?
Well I got the blank on a closeout deal so I saved about a hundred there.Flor grade cork like I used here will run you around a hundred dollars. The spey seat with a Titanium finish runs around $47.oo. I'm using three stripper guides and a Titanium snake guides. That will run you in the neighborhood of $45.oo or so. I guess if you got the same deal on the blank and did everything the same way, you are looking at somewhere in $500.oo range. They want about $1100.oo for that rod. Mine will be much nicer looking, but then again looks are just looks, the rod is the rod. I find it's best not to look to close at what it costs you. If you overthink it, you may not do it.

And thankyou for the kind words Casey. Hopefully you will get to see it in person before to long.