View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How To Build Your Own Fly Boxes

I got a box very much like that from the one and only thrift store we have up here. I was originaly a Kinex box. Not sure what that is. It is big and deep however. A perfect big fly box. Cost me all of $0.50 for the box and about the same for the foam. By the way, a member sent me a few flies, one them is so dang big it will not fit in the box. They have a center spine of kinky fiber covered in Softex, covered with stuff like Superhair. By the way, Thanks Mark. I am going to get a Big Pike on it this Spring if it kills me, on the biggest one ( about 13 1/2 inches of Fire Tiger colors less the bars). It's light enough despite the length, I know I can cast the heck out of it with my spey rods.

You know, I almost hate to say it, but I could actually see where I could end up never picking up a single hand rod again. I am going to have to make a concsious effert to see that it never happens. It kind of already did. I went for pretty much a whole year where I never cast a single hand rod. When I did start casting them again, I had somehow induced a couple of not good glitches in my casting. My Canadian friend I taught just a couple of years ago caught the things I was doing and helped straighten me out. I flashed on Darth Vader saying to Obiwan, " was once the student, but now I am the Master." Funny how things like that go.