Thread: Echo Reels?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Echo Reels?

I've read an review from a different forum that did not rate the Echo Reels very highly. I think the main compliant was the composite material of the spool rather than a machined alumium.

Of course, there are two schools of thought in my eyes reading this review. First, I can see a composite material being lighter and just as durable as alumium. That to me is a good thing. Second, I see the traditional value of a alumium reel and the durability it provides. That's also a good thing.

All in all, the Echo reels provide the Large Arbor convinence at a reasonable price of $70. That's hard to beat when shopping for a Large Arbor reel. I know I've been researching them for about two months now.

If you are just starting out I would say this would be the way to go if this fits your needs. The Full Creel offers a 21-Day Test drive of their products so keep that in mind when shopping for your new reel. That way you can see if you actually like it or not.

If I can find the review I will post/email you with the specifics. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Terry