View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:00 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Your proudest fly tying moment

We all talk or like to mention the fish we catch, the reels and rods we use, the flies we tie and the multitude of other fishing related lies we like to tell each
other. But rarely do we hear much of the moments that make you clench the fist and say ''YES'' under your breath, while your seated quietly at your bench sipping a beer and generally keeping out of trouble or housework!

I guess for newer tiers it mastering a technique, finally getting the head on the fly right or getting 20 flies knocked out in one go without interruption.

I'd like to hear how everyone fairs with the little 'Yes' moment, if you'd all like to share. Photos optional. Even the 'experienced tyers among us (I like to think i'm experienced, since i started about 20 years ago, but to a 'career break' for 12 years) have the yes moment and tonight it happened for me.

So i guess I'll start!

For the last 6 weeks or so i've been tying classic wet flies, pretty religiously every night. Many of you have seen the flies i've tied as i've posted them in other threads, but tonight I guess it all came together (except on little mishap i noticed on another part of the fly)

The victory ????

A Horizontal Wing

Don Bastian's Original Olive Trout Fin
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

If you noticed (or not) all the other wet flies i've tied have had up-pointing wings!
I love the horizontal lie.
Thats me.

Who's next?

Addicted To Vise