View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Your proudest fly tying moment

Displayed above are some truly beautiful pieces of art! I've been an artist all my life, both fine art and music, I started private lessons in 5th grade and continued them all the way through a BA in Fine Art, minoring in Music (piano). Unfortunately, I'm in the group of artists that never have a "yes" moment. Any piece is never done for me, I just stop working it and simply sign it and turn out the lights.

Fly tying for me started in the early 90's with bass bugs in Florida and I'd have to say that my first real hurtle in tying was spinning deer hair and getting color transitions that had constant width all the way around the fly.

these days, I'm always pleased at myself when I tie a fly that I make up instead of copying a pattern, go fish it and get takes when its in with the proven standards....a cast of three flies.

We each have our victories, be them long term goals or short and sharp attempts at victory. Some of us need these to keep us going but I'm of the breed that once mastered, I'm done, my focus goes elsewhere. Lucky for me, painting, playing an instrument and fly tying/fishing will never be something I master though I will die of old age still trying.