View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 04:11 PM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough
Default What do you do with the old not used patterns?

As winter time is upon us and we find shelter inside. I find that I will tie more flies so that I fill my boxes. This is also the time that I look at what I have fished with over the season and to try new things. I have started a box that I don’t carry but I always keep in my truck when I fish. It is full of patterns that I have tried over the years and either haven’t worked or worked for a short time and then went cold. This box consists of flies of every sort and size. Streamers and nymphs find a home next to each other not being separated like in my other boxes.
When a bad day of fishing has kicked my butt and nothing will bite. I will go to the truck and grab a quick something to eat and grab this box. Multiple times during my fishing and tying lifespan this box has saved me from being skunked. The title of this box is affectionately called “What the H*** Box”. I figure “what the h***, I might as well try these”.

What do you do?

John