View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lamson Guru vs Litespeed

I've got a Lamson GURU 3 for my 7wt outfit that I picked up pre-owned on the auction site for $75! I wasn't going to get something that high tech but for that price I couldn't find anything half as good. I wasn't going to go expensive because I don't use that 7wt too often and I was trying to do it cheaply. I really like the Guru, and all of the other Lamsons because the drag is so smooth, and on this size reel I think that is a significant feature. I've had some smallies take it for a ride and it works great, and though I havn't put a steelhead on it yet I hope to soon. Now for the comparison; from what I understand there is no difference in any of the internal workings of the two reels in question. The Lamson website states that the drag units are both the same. Perhaps there are some more corrosion resistant bearings, bushings, washers, etc., but I'm not sure about that, maybe someone with a little more intricate knowledge of the Lamson line could tell you differently. The only real difference may be the .7 oz jump from the Litespeed to the GURU. I don't think that is reason enough to switch (just my opinion), but this is about the "zoot" factor as well. At that price level they are all high end reels.