View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 03:05 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cracked Fly Line

I would not cut it, that will change your taper. If you had DT, I'd say cut it and use the other end of the fly line. If I were you, I wouldn't give up on it just yet. I had this happen to me one or two days in on a 10 day trip. My line was cracked straight all the way around the line. If I pulled on it, I could see the core. The one shop in my area didn't have the line I wanted so I used Loon Knotsense to seal the crack. Worked just fine through the trip and bought me more time before I replaced it. Clear Cure Goo might work as well. Aqua Seal is a great suggestion from Ard.

See how it performs after you fix it before you replace it, although you'll probably need it sooner rather than later. Then again a fix may end up being just fine depending on how much you fish with it.