View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

I should probably add the next to the bottom rod in the first picture I posted. It's my 5 wt 9' 4 pc. I built on a blank from a manufacturer that only makes blanks. No complete rods. It was a really nice spendy type blank they made before the decided the quality stuff just wasn't moving fast enough and to the dogs on me. Therefore I will be nice and not name the blank manufacturer. I'm so dang happy I got this from their good old days. I love this rod. As far as single hand rods go, I use it more than any other rod I own. I've caught just a ton of Smallmouth with it. I got my first Walleye record with it as well. I should go apologize to it for treating it like the proverbial 'red headed step child' in my first post.
Click the image to open in full size.
You can't see it very well in this photo, but it's one of the reasons I love the rod.
Click the image to open in full size.
That's a seriously black Walleye isn't it?

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
All I got is that the secret rod is some sort of down-locking two-hander...
I know and I'm jealous plus the secret is killing me.