View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World record distance WF 5wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout sniper View Post
Shoot, most fly lines are 100' or under, after that you would be casting backing. Wonder if they make special 'tourney' fly line?
They do. There are lines I know of like the Barrio line that is 130' long. The Rio distance line is 120'. But you can cast backing if you don't have that long a line or just if you can cast that far. Here is my entire line in my stripping basket and then a bunch of backing on the ground. Backing seems to tanle coming out of the basket.
Click the image to open in full size.
Here is a friend of mine after casting an entire 95' Trevor Morgan line clean out of the rod. That's the backing knot you see laying there on the grass.
Click the image to open in full size.
This is my same friend casting an entire 120' RIO gold competition line right to the backing.
" title="Rio Gold 120' comp line video by fishnwflies - Photobucket" target="_blank">Rio Gold 120' comp line video by fishnwflies - Photobucket
You can cast backing, and if you are really good you can even do it with a really long line.