View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My winter spey rod project.

I got the last of the cork cut and layed out. The next step is to glue it all up and turn it. I talked to Thomas and Thomas and they are sending me something that has a good unobstructed logo on it. I decided as big as this blank is there will be plenty of room on it for a weave on the bottom side and the feather inlay on the top. So I am going to weave their logo on the bottom. I'll post the weave steps as I go along also. Here is a photo of the start of the bottom grip. It has the seat laying where it will go. I'm doing it as a downlocking. This is a goog idea when doing a spey rod, especially since everyone has gone overly happy with porting and light on reels nowdays. It is hard to find a reel that weighs enough to balance a bigger spey rod that does not also cost you an arm and a leg.
Click the image to open in full size.