View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 12:42 AM

JoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Popper Swap, Fall 2011

For everyone in this swap: I never got around to mentioning that I left the rear legs on the quick tie foam popper pretty much as they came out of the package, so you could customize as you like.
I generally separate a single strand of rubber, tie it in a single overhand around the other two strands a 1/8 inch or so from the end, then separate the other two strands. It gives it a neat frogfoot look. You can also add a "knee joint" by tying all three strands in a single overhand. They usually stay tied once knotted, or you can add a dab of glue. Shortening the legs with knots will help avoid the legs fouling on the hook.
If you prefer a look like a skirted bass fly, you can just separate all three strands.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey