View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 12:42 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Popper Swap, Fall 2011

For everyone in this swap: I never got around to mentioning that I left the rear legs on the quick tie foam popper pretty much as they came out of the package, so you could customize as you like.
I generally separate a single strand of rubber, tie it in a single overhand around the other two strands a 1/8 inch or so from the end, then separate the other two strands. It gives it a neat frogfoot look. You can also add a "knee joint" by tying all three strands in a single overhand. They usually stay tied once knotted, or you can add a dab of glue. Shortening the legs with knots will help avoid the legs fouling on the hook.
If you prefer a look like a skirted bass fly, you can just separate all three strands.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey