Thread: A Couple More;
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: A Couple More;

I have a few (show capes) from the days prior to import restrictions (circa 1960-70) that are extremely dense and have no split nails. These would sell for $300 / cape!

Now that's expensive, I paid $125 each for them in the early 70's and have only used one. The domestic capes are suitable for "working class" flies and if you are watchful you can build quite a supply without breaking the bank. I keep nine or ten so that I don't have to worry about using it.

I buy from a fellow in the UK. and pay $45 per skin. They are good fishing quality feathers and nails.