View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switch vs. Spey definition

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Thanks Dan . Very informative as all your posts are. Question: I would like to try Spey casting. I am a fairly accomplished caster with rods up to 12 wt but have never tried Spey. What rod and reel do you recommend as well as line and can I learn on my own or is instruction a necessity? Thanks for any input you can give.
Jeez Boz, sorry about missing your post for so long. As far as what rod and reel I would recommend, there are to many things to take into consideration to just pop off with an answer. First, how big is the water you plan to fish this thing on? What do you plan to fish for? As far as learning on your own, I did. You Tube was my greatest help. But if you jump onboard the spey train, I'll PM you my number and will help you all I can. It will be easier than just going the You Tube method. It's a shame, but there was a guy on You Tube that had some really great instructional videos, but he closed his account. He made a new one but then closed that one to. I got in contact with the guy and he looked at video of me casting and really helped improve my casting. Since he's gone, I have thought about doing the same kind of videos, because not everyone lives where you can get lessons, like here at the planet's uh..... rear end. Again, sorry about missing your post for so dang long.