Thread: Vices
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Vices

Axel,

Do yourself a favor and save some bucks, check eBay for a D. H. Thompson A vise. They are often there in new condition with the box. These are old and are not rotary but some of the best fly tiers that have ever wrapped a hook used the Thompson. The fly in my avatar was tied on a model A.

I assure you that if cash is at issue and you really want to tie flies, you can tie like an old master on a Thompson Model A.

I'm talking $9.99 - $15.00 and watch that you don't get ripped on postage. If you come in with one at or under 25 - 26 bucks, You Win! Made in America and built like a hammer they will last forever or until you can throw down for the heavyweights. I hope that everyone can agree that long before all the new generation of vises were available Thompson was recognized as quality at the bench.

Good Luck,

Ardster