View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 AM

bluedaksi will become famous soon enoughbluedaksi will become famous soon enough
Default Guys (and Girls), Flies, and Pies - Rochester, NY

Iíve been waiting for the next annual Guys, Flies, and Pies since I first heard about it at the 2011 Rochester Sportsmanís Expo last March, where I met Michael Simmons, the event organizer. Michael was tying flies at the Seth Green Society Chapter of Trout Unlimited booth right next to our Western NY Kayak Fishing Association Booth. I had a budding interest in fly tying at the time (my son had beat me to it by a year or soÖ) and Michael told me he had just begun kayak fishing. He then told me about Guys, Flies, and Pies and invited me to come. My wait is nearly over because ITíS THIS WEEKEND!

Guys, Flies, and Pies is a public event in itís fifth year running, and is an afternoon and evening of fly tying, demos, door prizes, raffles, and eating all the PIZZA you can eat (hence the ďPiesĒ as in pizza piesÖ). It promises to be a lot of fun!
Click the image to open in full size.
Here is the pertinent information:

Date: February 18th 2012
Time: 3pm Ė Midnight
Cost: $12 at the door ($10 if prepaid via PayPal)
Website for more info: http://www.guysfliesandpies.com

Bring your vise and tying materials and join me! NOTE: Itís also not just for guys.