View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 07:03 AM

bluedaksi will become famous soon enoughbluedaksi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Guys (and Girls), Flies, and Pies - Rochester, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
Damn..... wish now that I hadn't already committed to a drive over to the Springfield RV Show. Rochester is a bit further a drive (in the opposite direction), but this event looks like fun!

Can you tell us (me) more about the Western NY Kayak Fishing Association? Is there a similar group further east in NYS? Kayaking otherwise unreachable waters, and watching fish rise (and other wildlife), is one of the things that got me interested in fly-fishing.
Rick - Albany is quite a drive, but you're welcome to join us for kayak fishing over this way any time! The Western NY Kayak Fishing association is a VERY informal group of kayak fishing enthusiasts who occasionally get together for fishing trips and events. There are no dues or "official" membership requirements. If you love to kayak fish and want to help promote and share the sport, that's what we're about. There is a NY Kayak Fishing Association that's active east of you, but I don't have much information about it.

If you change plans for the weekend, let me know and come on over to join us at Guys, Flies, and Pies!

-Paul