View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Putting a face to the name

Thanks Larry, I'm told I had no less than 5 men helping with that bass and it was fish of the day.
We lived in San Antonio and my parents ran a weekend retreat for service men out of Fort Sam Houston. We would take them someplace every weekend and sometimes up into the "big bend" area. that's where this photo was taken, fishing the Rio Grande' I believe. The service men were drafted and taking training to be medic's. 50 to 150 would be there every weekend and we lived in the complex. They were all young guys, away from home and thier families. I was in the middle of everything of course, no lack of "we'll watch him for you Mrs Jordan" volunteers. My father had no interest in fishing but these gents helped get me hooked on fishing.... before leaving for Vietnam.