View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:10 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World record distance WF 5wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
I've never seen a casting competition...how do they (and everyone else) measure the footage of their cast. Is it from your feet to the fly? feet to the end of the line? Rod tip to one of the above? Most of the time, I can get 75-80 ft of my line off of the spool; I'll OCCASIONALLY get all of the line off of the spool and into the guides with a 90' line. How long of a cast is that? Is there a difference between a tournament measurement and a non-official? There is a big difference in measurement here if you don't count your rod and your leader.
My understanding it's from reel to fly.
Fred