View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World record distance WF 5wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
Hi Dan,

I agree its apples and oranges and I thought we were clear on that point sometime ago. But your statement is not all together true. With all due respect, TT
Yes, it is apples and oranges. The thing is that it was apples being asked about. People keep tossing oranges in and failing to mention that they are in fact oranges. If you go back and look at the post by Mike Heritage, who as I had mentioned before his post, is one of the top distance casters on the planet. If you notice he said with a 5 wt. that he and a few other people like Paul Arden can hit mid 130's and on a really good day maybe 140ish. Then the next thing you know someone tosses in another orange with a number like 180. Oranges are not randomly tossed in with the apples at the grocery store for a reason. They aren't apples. We have an orange salesman who has joined the choir invisible, rest his soul, who had a serious penchant for oranges, I just want to know how he did with apples before he started chucking oranges at the Pearly Gates.