View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:50 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: new guy from miami , florida (pic heavy)

Welcome to the forum! I was in Miami last week (Bird Road/FIU area) for a class at the National Hurricane Center. One evening, after class, took a ride down to the Miami Fly Shop, off of US 1, near South Miami. They have a relatively small storefront in a strip-mall, but don't let that scare you away.

A very friendly couple of guys there, seemed very knowledgable and willing to share ideas, etc. They seemed pretty well stocked with fly tying materials, had a large assortment of flys (though salt water streamers all look very similar, to me) and they even offered to help me set-up an outing with guide, when I ever get back down that way.

If you are from that area, I'd encourage you to stop in, an see what they can do for you!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky