View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 06:51 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bob Clouser Pattern Swap, Spring 2012

I knew that I would have some time to get started on mine, last night, so yesterday I went to THREE different fly shops in my area trying to find all the materials that I need. No problem getting the hooks I needed, but one shop (the one that I traveled 50+ miles to get to!) had a paper sign on the door that said "Closed for Vacation 'til March 1", and NEITHER of the other two had the lead eyes that I needed.... And I had verified the hours of the closed shop on their website before I left, and there was NO MENTION of the vacation....

So last night I finished my tying class homework flies (five Blue Wing Olives - Wet) and then started on my two-dozen flies (BH-PTN's) for the Brookie Swap, instead....

Tuesday, I have to drive to Just south of DC, so I may just route a bit west, and find myself needing a break from the long drive somewhere in the Hamburg, PA area....

"Oh, Look!!! A Cabela's!!! What a great place to take a break during a long drive!!!"

They should have the lead eyes that I need.....

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky