View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bob Clouser Pattern Swap, Spring 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
I knew that I would have some time to get started on mine, last night, so yesterday I went to THREE different fly shops in my area trying to find all the materials that I need. No problem getting the hooks I needed, but one shop (the one that I traveled 50+ miles to get to!) had a paper sign on the door that said "Closed for Vacation 'til March 1", and NEITHER of the other two had the lead eyes that I needed.... And I had verified the hours of the closed shop on their website before I left, and there was NO MENTION of the vacation....

So last night I finished my tying class homework flies (five Blue Wing Olives - Wet) and then started on my two-dozen flies (BH-PTN's) for the Brookie Swap, instead....

Tuesday, I have to drive to Just south of DC, so I may just route a bit west, and find myself needing a break from the long drive somewhere in the Hamburg, PA area....

"Oh, Look!!! A Cabela's!!! What a great place to take a break during a long drive!!!"

They should have the lead eyes that I need.....
Use bead chain for eyes. You can buy them at any hardware store. You can also cannibalize a lamp, blinds, keychain, dogtags...

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I just realized that by the time these flies arrive we will be be fishing the prespawn. They usually like big, gawdy flies during this time. If no one objects I'm going to scale up the fly a bit from the pick I posted.