View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:33 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Keeps You From Going to Alaska to Fish?

So aside from the already stated obvious limitations, general logistics is holding me up. We have a 3 year old, so that is an extra challenge (and cost). Before I met my wife she spent a couple different summers in Alaska, working. She has very fond memories and for a woman from Montana, Alaska is last vestige of a place with more, bigger, wilder country. So there is really no way that I would ever be able to swing a solo jaunt up there to fish. No way.

I have a friend from Anchorage, he has a house and family and has welcomed us there. Someday, we'll get up there before our daughter gets too much older. I'd like to think in the next 3-4 years we could make it happen.

When it does Ard, you'll definitely know before I go.